We provide complete support for visa processing and work permit in Bangladesh. Bangladesh
requires all foreigners to obtain permission to enter and work in its territory. We support them
to process and renew it from respective government authorities.
Work Permit in Bangladesh:
For doing business in Bangladesh, every foreign company needs work permit issued by proper
government authorities. There are three government authorities that issue work permit for doing
business throughout the country.
A. Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA):
BIDA is responsible for preparing work permit of private sector industrial enterprise, branch
office and liaison office, outside of Export Processing Zone (EPZ).
B. Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA):
BEPZA is responsible for preparing work permit for employment of foreign national in the area of
any Export Processing Zone.
C. NGO Affairs Bureau:
NGO Affairs Bureau is responsible for the employment of foreign national in any NGO.
Work Permit issued by BIDA
BIDA is the work permit issuing authority where we work with them to get the permit on behalf of
our client. Private sector industrial enterprises, branch office, liaison/representative office
desiring to employ foreign nationals are required to apply to BIDA in their prescribed from.
While issuing work permit, BIDA usually follows the following guidelines:
- Only nationals of countries recognized by Bangladesh are
considered for employment.
- Employment of expatriate personnel is considered only in
industrial/commercial establishments which are sanctioned/registered by the appropriate
- Employment of foreign nationals is normally considered for the
job for which local experts/technicians are not available.
- Persons below 18 years of age are not eligible for employment.
- A decision of the board of directors of the concerned company
for new employment/employment extension is to be furnished in each case.
- The number of foreign employees should not exceed 5% in the
industrial sector and 20% in commercial sector of the total employees, including top
- Initially, employment of any foreign national is considered for
a term of one year, which may be extended on the basis of merit of the case.
- Security clearance will be required from Ministry of Home
We help you get into the following steps for issuing work permit. Every procedure we handle
professionally following every legal issues.
- The employer is required to publish a newspaper advertisement
or online advertisement for the recruitment. This requirement is not always mandatory.
- The foreign national should arrive in Bangladesh with "E" (for
employees) or "PI" (for investor) type visa. BOI's recommendation might be required prior to
issuing those types of visa.
- Within 15 days from the date of arrival of the foreign
national, application for work permit should be submitted to BOI. A fee of BDT 5,000 is
applicable in this regard.
The following papers/documents are required for new work permit:
- Application in prescribed form along with passport size photographs of the foreign national(s) attested by the Managing Director/Managing Partner/Proprietor/appropriate authority.
- Attested copy of the permission letter for Branch/Liaison Office/Company.
- Commercial Enterprise from the appropriate authority, if not submitted earlier.
- Board resolution regarding employment of foreign national(s) including salary &other benefit.
- Memorandum, Article of Association and Certificate of Incorporation of the Company duly signed by shareholders, if not submitted earlier.
- Attested photocopy of passport with arrival stamp E' type visa for employee and 'PI' type visa for investors.
- Attested copy of service contract/agreement and appointment letter, in case of employee.
- Attested copies of all academic, professional and experience certificate for employee.
- Paper clipping showing advertisement made for recruitment of local personnel prior to appointment of the foreign national(s)
- Statement of manpower showing list of local and expatriate personnel employed with designation, salary details, nationality and date of first appointment.
- Encashment certificate of inward remittance in favor of Liaison/Branch office for the last 2 years.
- Encashment certificate of inward remittance of minimum US$ 50,000 as initial establishment cost for branch/liaison offices and locally incorporated/join-venture and 100% foreign ownership companies.
- Up-to-date income tax certificate for branch office of the locally incorporated companies in Bangladesh.